About Saucony Running Clinic
Date: Sunday, 11th November 2018
Time: 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Meeting Point: Royal Sporting House, VivoCity, #02-111
Price of workshop: SGD 99.00*
*A service fee of $5.31 is applicable during checkout
Others: Light bites and drinks will be provided as well.
Saucony goes above and beyond to help runners run at their best—to aid their bodies to perform. To be sure, besides creating industry-leading shoes and gear, Saucony hosts several experts-led running clinics. This Saucony Running Clinic is scheduled to be held at Royal Sporting House @ Vivocity and will be facilitated by SSTAR. Fitness’s Andrew Cheong on 11 November 2018.
As the clinic is about learning and improving (beginners and experience runners alike are welcome), you should come with an earning heart as you prepare to pick-up some fantastic bits of knowledge.
At the clinic, Coach Andrew, an accomplished competitive runner and trainer, will teach you about building endurance, sharpening mental stamina, and staying injury-free. Coach Andrew’s renowned expertise and attention to detail will guarantee that you perform at 100% during your next race or competition.
The race pack will include:
- A slot to the Saucony Running Clinic led by Coach Andrew
- A pair of the Saucony Ride ISO running shoes (RRP: $159.00) - Men/Women, 3 colours available
- Saucony Branded T-Shirt
- Water Bottle
- Drawstring Bag
- Nutrition Bar
- Voucher for Saucony purchases (20% off)
- Isotonic Drink
Introducing Saucony Ride ISO
Expert Talk and Coaching by Andrew Cheong
The Saucony Running Clinic has invited Coach Andrew Cheong to have a running talk and he will be coaching the participants on the event date. Two years ago, Coach Andrew Cheong decided to become a full-time running coach at STTAR fitness where he coaches runners with holistic training.By the time he was in his forties, he joined Furman’s F.I.R.S.T. program and managed to run his first BQ (Boston Qualifier) in 2011 despite having only three days a week to run. Since then, he has achieved BQ every year without fail. Andrew and his wife, Diana, is the first Singaporean couple to complete all World Marathon Major.
Mr Andrew Cheong arrival
Warm up with dynamic stretching
Run starts (Small loop + Big loop)
Return to starting point, recover,
hydrate and cool down stretching
Presentation and Workshop starts
QnA, submit feedback forms
*Schedule may subject to last minute changes.
We will be doing a fartlek and tempo run. Participants who have not tried fartlek before will enjoy this fun way to train and those familiar with tempo runs can set their own target pace. Those who don't know what pace to aim for can come prepared - just share with us your recent race times for either 10k, 21km or full marathon and we will help set a tempo run pace for you.
The running route consists of a small 5km and big 8km loop, fitter runners can do the big loop. We will be running in small groups where everyone is of similar fitness. Everyone gets to run together!
Big Loop (8km)
Harbourfront -> Telok Blangah Road -> Keppel Island -> Front of Caribbean @ Keppel Bay -> Labrador Park -> loop back to Vivocity
Small Loop (5km)
Harbourfront -> Telok Blangah Road -> Keppel Island -> Front of Caribbean @ Keppel Bay -> loop back to Vivocity
Big Loop - 4km loop ( 4 x 2 = 8km).
- We will cover the following at the workshop:
1. the biomechanics of efficient running
2. How to reduce the risk of running injuries with the correct running gait
3. Hands on drills that focus on five areas - posture, forward lean, leg action, cadence, upper body action
- What participants should bring and wear:
1. A large bath towel, to be used for exercises
2. Wear running attire
3. Lots of questions to ask during QnA
Terms & Conditions
- Limited to the first 25 participants only!
- Please indicate your choice of top and shoe sizes, and shoe colour when making the purchase. Kindly try the size of the shoes in any Royal Sporting House stores before purchase. In the event that the choice of shoe colour is not available, we will provide another available colour in the same shoe size.
- Strictly no refund upon no-show from registrant/s.
- While all precautions and diligence will be made to ensure a safe and smooth workshop session for all participants, the organiser and the sponsor(s) will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage suffered by the participants or any other party attending the event.
- After registration, a guide to the workshop will be sent to you closer to the event date.
- The organisers reserve the rights to modify the terms at its sole discretion and without prior notice.